Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Alarming

I have found an alarming trend as I get older. I've got less people on my list of friends and family that I actually stay in touch with. It's getting so bad that I'm actually completely out of touch with about everyone in my family, minus a few. And many of my close friends have moved on, and have shown very little effort in keeping track of me, nor have I them. It's really sad to watch as people you used to want to jump in front of a truck for, now won't even get into a truck to come see you.

I think it's partially the industry I work in, where everyone's always moving, but I've made very few lasting relationships in the last few years. I've got friends, yes, but maybe it's a part of being an adult that means that you don't have people that you trust implicitly, with your life. Don was always that person to me, and he still is. Same w/ Jen. And Chad, for the most part. But everyone else has moved on to other things, and I think it's weird to say it, but I think I have too, even though I'm still right here, right across the street from my high school.

I've posted many times in many places that I'd like to spread my wings and travel, and that's very true, but I hope that if I ever get the chance, I don't leave behind those close to me.

I'm tired, and a little bit on the rambling side, but I think I just miss a lot of people. I'm starting by helping my mom gather the family for Christmas this winter. I'm sick of us "being too busy". That's bullshit.

I guess that's all.

No comments: