Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seeking 1-2 interns

Hey guys,
Since leaving Artistic Services Group, I've started my own tour booking company, called Get in the Van Touring. So far, I'm just booking tours for Your Best Friend and Koji. More will be added as I'm ready.

YOUR BEST FRIEND
www.myspace.com/yourbestfriend
KOJI
www.myspace.com/kojisaysaloha

I'm currently seeking 1-2 interns who are interested in helping me get things rolling again here. This is an unpaid position. Perks include lots of free tickets to Fusion Shows events, invaluable experience, the ability to use this for college credit and resume material, and the potential that if this goes well, I might be able to hire an assistant by the fall!

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lots of data entry! Our first major task is to gather all of my booking contacts into one, easy-to-use format.
2. Creating band itineraries and tour books.
3. Researching area promotional opportunities surrounding our shows.
4. Other administrative and promotional tasks as needed.

JOB SKILLS NEEDED
1. A killer work ethic.
2. Attention to even the smallest detail.
3. Internet skills, including basic HTML, understanding of email communication, and ability to use MySpace and Facebook to promote.
4. Top-notch grammar and spelling.
5. Must be 18 or older.
6. Would prefer Michigan residents, but will consider the right candidate from out of town.
7. Some experience in the live touring industry desired, but not 100% necessary for a sharp, bright individual.

This is something that I would expect would take you 10-20 hours per week, throughout the summer. In the fall, my goal is to hire a full-time assistant based out of Howell, but we'll start here!

If you are interested in learning more about the touring industry, and doing a ton of networking, please email me at natedorough@gmail.com, and attach a resume.

Thanks!
Nate

No comments: