Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today was blogtastic

I don't usually blog unless I'm pissed. But since I'm over it, I'm not sure how to approach this blog. I just feel like writing my ramblings until they lead me to bed. My eyes are starting to flutter, so it might not take very long.

Anyway, here's the deal. Tonight, I hated myself for booking this show full of angry gorillas whose sole goal it was to beat each other to a bloody mess. I hate hardcore music, at least what it's been morphed into. Hardcore dancing is stupid, and I'm sick of it. YOU KIDS LOOK STUPID. It's not cool. You are ruining your youthful lives, and I'm sick and tired of keeping my mouth shut about it. I'm not booking this crap anymore. I'll help some of the local bands continue to have shows, but I don't want to do this anymore. I'd rather book juggalo rap than this crap. At least there's some entertainment value in that. You guys are just stupid losers that need to find some other way to spend their time. And you Lakes Area Hardcore douchebags, you are going to die early in life, alone and pathetic. You are useless pieces of crap, and I don't advocate nor do I support your violence. I hope you get hit by cars.

Phew, now that that is off my chest, we're good. Kevin Devine this weekend was amazing, as usual. I felt like I kissed his ass a bit much, but he's a pretty inspiring dude, and it was important to me that he knew that.

This summer, I'm bringing back some of our DIY roots. We're putting out a "Think Local" concert series that's going to unite local (yes, local, as in Livingston County) bands and locally owned small businesses into one joined force to bring a positive change to our county. We're going to help some top-notch upcoming talented bands gain some footing, so look for some very diverse options in your area very soon. In the meantime, I suggest you check out Paper Mache, Farewell Flight, Lorien, and some of the other smaller bands we've booked lately. You might actually enjoy them (no you can't swing your arms to them, but you'll be OK, I promise).

My brain is swirling right now as to how to best revitalize Livingston County's music scene, and I've got some great ideas coming to a Fusion Shows website near you. Please stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lauren Rossi said...

Can't wait for kids that hardcore dance to realize they look ridiculous..