Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's resolutions?

I've never been one to really spend too much time with the idea of a New Year's resolution. However, as I get older, I guess I should probably start. I'm not going to be able to stick to all of these right off the bat, but maybe I can find some people through writing this to help me. I'm not real good with self-control, but I'm definitely a competitive person, and if I have someone to do something with, I might have a chance. This obviously refers to diet/health kind of stuff.

Anyway, I divided them into three different ones.

PROFESSIONAL
1. Kick it into high gear and start making some real money. 2008 was very solid, and we're in a good place. Keep it rolling.
2. Give my all into the new project. Could be the extra money I need.
3. BF09 is to be the biggest ever! Let's break attendance records.
4. Get our accounting to a much better place, and get into an office.

DIET/HEALTH
5. Start a diet. I've done some research, and my best bet is a volume-based diet, because I love to eat. I just need to find stuff that's good for me that I can eat a lot of. Salads, etc.
6. Exercise 5 times a week. Basketball, hockey, kayaking, hiking, running. I want to get a bike too. I love riding bikes, or at least I used to. Start an actual program, and stick to it! Since I'm home, this shouldn't be that hard. Definitely need some partners on this one.
7. Cut out pop entirely. I love my pepsi and root beer, but it's eating my teeth away, which then eats my wallet away.

PERSONAL
8. Spend just a little bit more of my time and effort to do things for my wife. We love the fact that we don't make a fuss about things, but sometimes, it's nice to surprise her.
9. Get the finances in order. Start making payments on time. Debt is getting less and less, but it's happening too slowly. Need to get into position to get a house in the next two years.

That's a lot, but it's all stuff that I need to do anyway. Happy New Year!

No comments: