What a wild weekend. Koji was in town all weekend, crashed on the floor for five straight days. What a good human being, surrounded by good people. It was a lot of fun. He introduced me to a charity called Invisible Children. I've heard about it ten million times, but I never really soaked it all in. He showed me the video for "The Rescue", and man, I'm pumped. I think I'm going to dive in headfirst. My concern is that once I dive in, I might not want to do anything else.
In this business that struggles to have meaning sometimes, I think I've been searching for meaning lately. I just feel like we're spinning our wheels. The La Dispute, Mason Proper, Your Best Friend, and For Today shows aside, not many of our recent shows have had much meaning.
There's going to be some things happening to start truly making a difference in this area. I'm sick and tired of providing you guys with a shitty product like Millionaires, and having the money just get sucked into an abyss. There's talent out there that will get paid less money, let some go to charity, and everyone will go home much happier. There's a better way to do things than the way it's done right now.
But first, I must sleep. I'm so tired, it's been a looooong weekend. Tomorrow is a new day.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment